Being gay is okay: Information and advice for gay, lesbian, bisexual and unsure under twenty-fives.
Problem page > Introduction
The BGIOK problem page is here to offer individually tailored advice to gay, lesbian, bisexual and unsure under twenty-fives.
I'm not a doctor or psychiatrist but I can promise no-nonsense, practical and sympathetic advice from someone who knows where you're coming from.
I've been answering problem page emails on this website since 2000 and have been fortunate enough to receive praise for my advice from other support websites and organisations, parents and friends of gay loved ones and, most importantly, the authors of the problem page emails themselves.
- I regret that I cannot guarantee a reply to all problem page letters received due to the large volume, but I do reply to around half.
- Send your problem page emails from the contact page, using either the form or direct email. If using the form, you have the option of being completely anonymous and choosing not to supply an email address if you don't want to.
- I aim to reply to emails within 2 weeks of receiving them. If I am particularly busy, the wait may be slightly longer. I usually upload several replies at the same time.
- You have the option of receiving a confirmation email when your problem is live on the website. I won't get in touch unless you ask so you don't need to worry about emails from BGIOK appearing at home. You can read more about your privacy in relation to getting in touch with BGIOK here.
- Brief and generalised emails like, 'I want to come out. What should I do?' are unlikely to get a reply because the articles on the site already give a lot of advice on this sort of broad topic. Specific details about your particular situation and concerns give me more information to work with and the ability to offer tailored advice.
- BGIOK does not offer telephone, text or postal support.
- Send your problem from here
- Click here if you want to know more about the person replying to your problem page email.
The Samaritans (UK and ROI) provide emotional support, 24 hours a day, by email and telephone for people in distress.
BGIOK receives no funding, so all costs are met by myself. Please click the donate button to help with the running costs of BGIOK. Thank you, Jason.